Staging a House to Sell
For some, staging a house to sell, comes easier than for others. Some view home staging as making a house show like a model. I prefer to look at it like making a house feel like "home" to a potential buyer. Like they would want to move in, NOW.
This process should not be confused with
preparing a house to sell.
Preparation is getting everything in working order. Staging is setting the scene to SELL.
Go from Blah:
To OOO La La:
Here are some key tips to staging:
1. NO clutter anywhere
2. All beds made
3. Each room is tidy: no piles of laundry, no toys or misc junk
4. Fragrance: make it smell clean and pretty
5. Fresh flowers to at least 2 rooms
6. Carpets vaccuumed before each showing and floors mopped
7. Animals Kenneled. NO roaming dogs or cats at all.
8 Everything shines: literally. Windows, faucets, no dust anywhere.
9. Up to date decor: if out of date, remove it
10.Neat and tidy yard, closets and garage.
Kid tip: keep a basket in each room where you can quickly gather toys before a showing.
Back from Staging a house to sell to sell-buy-owner.com