Tips to Sell a Home
Looking for tips to sell a home?
If I could rap it up into 3 words it would be PREP, PREP and PREP. For real, it is so important to Prepare before listing.
Here are some MUST do's to get it SOLD:
- Deep Clean: house, garage and yard
- DeClutter (store your extra stuff)
- Update walls, flooring, hardware, doors and appliances
- Stage your house
- Keep it show ready AT ALL TIMES. Do NOT show a dirty or cluttered house. NEVER!
- Answer calls/emails promptly
- Do follow ups
- Every 90 days consider reducing price and call previous prospects to alert them of the price change
You have two basic options for listing your home:
1. Hire a realtor and pay them a commission for the sale
2. Sell your house yourself and keep all the profits minus the title company fees and closing costs. You will save an average of 5% selling without a realtor.
Of course, there are advantages to going with a realtor. Like they do all the paperwork, showing of the house, documents. But if you are willing to do some extra work then the rewards will be monetary. Just think, on a $150,000 home, 3% is $4500, so think you can do it for that much more profit?
Back from Tips to Sell a Home to Home 4 Sale by Owner page
Have A Great Story About This Topic?
Do you have a great story about this? Share it!
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
Get the photos right Not rated yet
As a real estate photographer I deal with people who are ready to sell their homes. Many are unaware that staging a home for photographs is just as important …
How we sold our house Not rated yet
This is about how we sold our house and moved to new location. It all started due to a job transfer, I had to relocate to Delhi. The active topic those …
Click here to write your own.
Back from Tips to Sell a Home to sell-buy-owner.com mainpage